Lincoln School of Engineering Deputy Head graduates today

Deputy Head of School of Engineering Dr Michael Gallimore celebrates his graduation from his PhD today at Lincoln Cathedral.

Congratulations and a huge well done to Mike who passed his final PhD exam and will graduate today alongside hundreds of other undergraduate and postgraduate students and staff.

Donning his cap and gown this afternoon, the ceremony marks the end of six long years Dr Gallimore worked on his thesis, with his final exam lasting five hours.

Dr Gallimore has had to balance education with working life and, as deputy head, he said this wasn’t the easiest to do.

Mike said: “I’ve often had to use my own holidays to actually find time to work on my thesis properly.”

“I’m relieved to have finally finished and I can’t wait to send it off for publication and to receive my qualification at graduation.”

When asked what his plans were now he’d completed his PhD research, Mike said he hopes to work towards a couple of publications and journal papers that have come from his thesis.

He added: “I already have some research underway with another colleague in Engineering.”

We will be sure to share Mike’s publications and journals as they are released.

Congratulations again to all our students who graduated – all your hard work has paid off. We wish you all the luck for the future.