Following the success of the recent SPARK! Engineering Festival 2017, the School of Engineering has been awarded funding from the Royal Academy of Engineering to host SPARKler! at the University of Lincoln on 4th November 2017.
This legacy competition will provide budding engineers of all ages with a chance to work with professional engineering teams in order to design, build and race a go-kart at a three-trial event.
The brief for building the go-karts:
- Human powered karts, made from reclaimed materials with a maximum budget of £100 (which is provided to you).
- Homologation parts to be provided.
- Budget provided to print a pull-up-banner to demonstrate your design process and prove the low cost of your kart.
- Compete on November 4th at the University of Lincoln in a 0-5mph & stop trial, a slalom trial and a circuit time trial.
- Winning company receives a trophy, winning team members receive a prize and UoL certificates.
- Intended to get employees communicating with each other, student engineers and young members of the general public.
- UoL Engineering staff consultancy also available upon request.
Prizes and certificates will be awarded to team members, with a trophy awarded to the overall winning team.
To apply, please email Dr Colin Dowding: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, applications must be made by 1st June 2017.
The School of Engineering are also offering a Summer Engineering Camp in 2018, for students aged 11-14 years – stay tuned for more details!